Johnson Controls: Enhancing the Intelligence of Buildings
Your buildings have a purpose.
They are places for people to live or work. Facilities for learning or healing. Venues for entertainment and shopping. Sites for the specialized storage of tangible goods or mission-critical data. Your buildings have a huge variety of functions; they are central to your mission.
This is where Johnson Controls comes in, helping drive the outcomes that matter most. Through a full range of systems and digital solutions, we make your buildings smarter. A smarter building is safer, more comfortable, more efficient, and, ultimately, more sustainable. Most important, smarter buildings let you focus more intensely on your unique mission. Better for your people. Better for your bottom line. Better for the planet.
At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.
Johnson Controls & OMNIA Partners
With the cooperative contract awarded to Johnson Controls and made available nationwide through OMNIA Partners, public sector agencies will have confidence in their facilities that make their mission possible. As leaders in building efficiency, we provide many HVAC Solutions and Services that can help OMNIA Partners’ Participating Agencies reduce energy costs and improve the energy efficiency of their facilities.
With over 3,000 front-line service providers, supporting over 18,000 current maintenance contracts nationwide, we view ourselves as partners with our customers. Partners that ensure customized facility improvements that tailor to each customer circumstances and desired outcomes.
HVAC Equipment, Installation, Services & Related Products
Region 4 ESC - TX
Contract Number: R200402
October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2023
Option to renew for two (2) additional one-year periods through September 30, 2025
Master Agreement Documents
Our Commitment to the Environment
At Johnson Controls, we’ve been dedicated to protecting the environment since our invention of the electric thermostat in 1885, which provided a fundamental shift in the energy efficiency of buildings. Now, all over the world, our products and services empower customers and communities to consume less energy and conserve resources.
Sustainability is an integral part of our vision and values. Our environmental efforts are conducted with the following objectives in mind:
- Supporting our company’s growth and exceeding our customers’ increasing expectations for more sustainable products and services.
- Fostering a culture of sustainability that engages and attracts people who want to make a difference.
- Improving our operational efficiency, including lowering costs and reducing the environmental footprint of our operations and supply chain.
- Expanding engagement with our stakeholders on environmental issues, including leading in global partnerships that increase the scale of our sustainability impact.
- Demonstrating our commitment from the top, including continued integration of sustainability into company goals and decision-making.
Across our organization, we seek to continuously improve in our environmental work. We’re proud and fortunate to have been included in more than 40 prestigious sustainability indexes in recent years.
Here are just some of the reasons why we’ve received this recognition:
- From 2002 through 2017, we are proud to have reduced our energy intensity by 47 percent and our greenhouse gas intensity by 41 percent.
- Our efforts align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
- We always strive to do more, which is why in 2017 we adopted a new 2025 Sustainability Strategy. This strategy drives sustainability across our entire value chain by focusing on five areas: solutions, people, partnerships, performance and governance. As part of this new strategy, we are committing to new, ambitious 2025 goals related to greenhouse gas emissions, energy, water, waste, safety and diversity from a 2017 baseline.
Our achievements in sustainability are the result of committed and innovative leadership on environmental issues. The following groups, policies and more ensure we continue improving and evolving our sustainability initiatives:
- Our Global Sustainability Council (GSC), responsible to our Chief Executive Officer, structures environmental sustainability strategy, coordination and governance.
- Our Global Manufacturing and Operations Council (GMOC) provides a forum for best-practice sharing and consistent excellence in our manufacturing and operations.
- Our commitment to transparency and integrity means we are an early signatory and current member of the United Nations Global Compact and that we disclose our sustainability data to ensure our stakeholders are fully informed of our efforts and the results. Our sustainable supply chain activities help our suppliers reduce their environmental footprint.
- Our official policies on energy and climate change, conflict minerals, and more ensure that our employees understand our positions on a variety of sustainability and human rights issues.