The Grasshopper Company is committed to supporting state and local government agencies, schools and higher education, and nonprofit organizations through customer service and dependability. Grasshopper provides grounds maintenance solutions including a wide selection of True ZeroTurn™ mowers that accept several all-season implements for a perfect year-round grounds maintenance machine.
- We are a worldwide manufacturer of Grasshopper zero-turn mowers
- Grasshopper mowers meet ANSI B71.4 and OSHA 1928 standards
- Gasoline and diesel-powered mowers are CARB and Tier 4 Final-compliant
- Grasshopper mowers can be customized with an array of engine choices, deck sizes, implements and accessories to meet the needs of our customers
- Durable, extra-deep, reinforced anvil-edged DuraMax® cutting decks are available in a variety of sizes from 41 to 72 inches
- The same cutting deck converts from discharge to DownDischarge™ mulching or vacuum collection without the added expense of dedicated decks for each method of clippings management
- Dedicated rear-discharge decks are also available to keep clippings off sidewalks and parking lots and out of flower beds to reduce clean up after mowing
- PowerVac™ Collection Systems pick up clippings and debris and deposit them into rear-mounted collectors ranging from 8- to 5-cu.-ft capacities
- Proven, dependable implements extend the usefulness of Grasshopper FrontMount™ power units for year-round productivity. Implements include snowthrowers, turbine blowers, brooms, aerators, sprayers, etc.
- Powder coat paint provides a durable and lasting finish
- A specialized parts order system can be customized for the government entities
- We have distribution channels that have been in place for over 40 years and we understand the challenges with handling contracts all over the U.S.
- Grasshopper has 61 field reps located across the U.S. who are trained on Government and Fleet business
- These reps are all equipped to provide on-site demonstrations of our product
- We have a team of professionals that work directly with the sales force and a distribution channel that understands and works closely with our Government customers
- A large network of authorized dealers support the sales and distribution of Grasshopper mowers. Look for a dealer near you.
- Our local dealers are prepared to handle parts and service for our customers
- Grasshopper maintains a fleet of trucks delivering to our dealer network throughout the U.S. Products come crated and the dealer performs set-up and pre-delivery inspections before delivery to the customer.
- Government customers that do their own service work can order directly from the factory reducing downtime plus enjoy increased efficiency in parts turnaround and take advantage of bulk parts discounts
U.S. Communities and National IPA, both wholly-owned subsidiaries of OMNIA Partners, have come together as OMNIA Partners, Public Sector. All public sector participants already registered with National IPA or U.S. Communities continue to have access to all contracts, with certain exceptions, in the portfolio and do not need to re-register to use a legacy National IPA, legacy U.S. Communities, or new OMNIA Partners contract. U.S. Communities and National IPA remain separate legal entities and lead agency contracts completed under each brand are effective and available for use through the contract’s approved term. In the event we believe re-registration is necessary for any reason, OMNIA Partners will let you know.
Cobb County, Georgia
3 year initial term, May 15, 2017 – May 14, 2020
Option to renew for (2) additional (1) year periods
Grasshopper mowers are a great investment. Their quality and performance are second to none in the turf industry. They are built to last and are easy to maintain. While there are many combinations of models to choose from, there are a large number of common parts that help to keep training time and expenses low and parts inventory down. Grasshopper mowers are easy to operate, and are designed with many built-in comfort features that reduce fatigue to keep operators alert all day long.
- Compared to conventional steering-wheel designs, a Grasshopper zero-turn radius mower can save 30-50% mowing time
- Design-matched hydraulic transmissions using Grasshopper Cool Temp Hydro-Max™ hydrostatic fluid can run 1,000 hours between transmission oil changes – up to three times longer than many competitors' mowers
- Grasshopper design-matched hydraulic drive systems allow more power to be applied to the cutting decks in order to get jobs done faster while delivering professional results
- The exclusive PowerFold® feature on FrontMount™ decks raises the front of the deck to a near vertical position for easy cleaning and blade replacement
- Grasshopper diesel mowers, running on clean diesel fuel, burn cleaner than propane- or gasoline-powered mowers while consuming up to 50 percent less fuel, have more torque to mow through heavy grass faster and emit fewer greenhouse gasses than propane mowers
- FrontMount™ decks easily reach under trees and low-hanging obstacles to reduce the need for secondary trimming
- Mowers are easy to maintain with easy access to components and fewer grease points than other mowers
- Grasshopper is committed to many environmental initiatives including power coat paint, and many manufacturing processes to reduce raw material consumption, maximize recycling and reduce material waste. Mowers are delivered with sealed and maintenance-free batteries
Grasshopper has earned the Equipment Dealers Association’s Dealer’s Choice award in the outdoor Power Equipment Manufacturer category two years in a row (2015 & 2016). This award evaluates manufacturers in areas of technical support, parts availability, warranty procedures, marketing and advertising support, and manufacturer response to dealer needs and concerns.
Grasshopper mowers can be customized to meet your specific needs with choices of fuel, engines and horsepower, and cutting widths. All mowers are CARB and Tier 4 Final-compliant and meet ANSI B71.4 and OSHA 1928 standards.
- Gasoline-powered, air-cooled Grasshopper mowers with V-twin engine choices from 724 cc (24 hp) to 993 cc (35 hp), and cutting decks ranging from 41 inches to 72 inches.
- Gasoline-powered, liquid-cooled Grasshopper mowers with 3-cylinder, 962
cc(29 or 32 hp) engines, and cutting deck from 52 inches to 72 inches.
- Diesel-powered, liquid-cooled Grasshopper mowers with 3-cylinder engine choices of 719 cc (21 hp) and 898
cc(25 hp), and cutting decks from 48 inches to 72 inches.
- Gasoline-powered, air-cooled Grasshopper mowers with V-twin engine sizes ranging from 694
cc(23 hp) to 993 cc(35 hp), and cutting decks available from 48 inches to 72 inches.
- Gasoline, liquid-cooled Grasshopper mowers with 3-cylinder engine sizes of 962 cc (29 or 32 hp), and cutting decks from 52 inches to 72 inches.
- Diesel, liquid-cooled Grasshopper mowers with 3-cylinder engine choices of 719 cc (21 hp) and 898
cc(25 hp), and cutting decks from 48 inches to 72 inches.
- We offer diesel-powered options in both our MidMount™ and FrontMount™ mowers in addition to gasoline.
- Much has been written about alternative fuels. Did you know that running clean diesel is the best alternative? Grasshopper was the first in the industry to put diesel engines on zero-turn mowers back in 1983.
- The benefits of diesel begin with lower emissions – lower than propane! Another benefit of diesel power includes increased productivity thanks to its higher torque that lets you power through heavier or wet grass at faster ground speeds without sacrificing cut quality.
- The benefits don’t stop there. Grasshopper MaxTorque™ diesel mowers feature significant fuel savings, and diesel engines are more durable and last longer than either gasoline or propane engines.
- Cutting decks are 5.5 inches deep and deliver a manicured cut that is sure to satisfy your constituency thanks to superior airflow.
- One deck does it all and can convert from side discharge to DownDischarge™ mulching or vacuum collection without requiring a dedicated deck.
- Exclusive PowerFold® electric deck lift on FrontMount™ decks raises the front of the deck to a near vertical position for easy cleaning and blade replacement.
- The decks are built with heavy-gauge, geometrically formed steel construction.
- The anvil-edge design on the front of the deck includes an additional layer of formed steel angled around the bottom of the leading edge making it 1/2-inch thick for long-lasting performance.
- Massive 8-inch Sentry™ spindles are anchored to double layers of robotically welded steel forming a nearly one-inch-thick spindle plane. The 6-bolt pattern of the spindle spreads the force of impact for greater strength and durability.
- Dedicated rear discharge decks let you trim on either side of the deck while putting clippings on the grass and off sidewalks and parking lots, and out of flower beds.
- PowerVac™ Collection Systems are available for every Grasshopper zero-turn mower. They efficiently pick up grass, leaves and other debris leaving a professional, finished cut when you mow.
- Each system features a deck-driven vacuum with a trash-ingesting steel impeller that collects clippings and debris as they are discharged by the blades and propels them into a choice of rear-mounted collectors in choices of mesh bag or metal hoppers. Capacities range from 8 to 25
- The metal hoppers can be emptied from the operator’s seat.
- The HighLift™ 15B collector electrically raises 72 inches to easily empty into truck beds.
The QuikConverter™ Implement System makes it easy to remove the deck and add PTO-driven implements that take advantage of the Grasshopper power unit’s powerful engine. This design leaves only one engine to maintain compared to purchasing and maintaining multiple single-purpose machines.
Having only one engine to maintain reduces maintenance, training, labor and parts inventory. The zero-turn maneuverability of these grounds maintenance systems pays off in time and labor savings.
Choose professional-quality implements for aeration, blowing leaves, dethatching, edging, moving dirt and gravel, spraying, and sweeping sidewalks and parking lots. Snow removal implements include dozer blades, rotary brooms, snowthrowers and V-plows. A metal fully-enclosed winter cab enclosure can be added to protect the operator from the cold winter elements.
Several implements mount to the mower taking advantage of the zero-turn maneuverability and increasing the productivity of your FrontMount™ mower well beyond the cutting season.
- AERA-vator™ for coreless aeration that leaves no cores to clean up. Available in 40- and 60-inch sizes.
- Dozer Blades with choices of 48- and 60-inch widths that angle 25 degrees left or right.
- Rotary Brooms available in 48- and 60-inch widths. Manual or powered versions that angle 25 degrees left or right or straight ahead.
- Snowthrowers available in 48- or 60-inch widths. These single-stage units will throw snow up to 30 feet.
- The Turbine Blower with rotating blower nozzle generates up to a 150-mph air velocity to move large piles of debris.
- The 60-inch V-plow makes quick work of cleaning sidewalks by moving snow in two directions at the same time eliminating the need for a second pass.
- Fully-enclosed Metal Winter Cab protects the operator from the elements. Joystick control mounted on the steering lever provides full control of the Snowthrower, Rotary Broom, Dozer Blade or V-plow from the comfort of the cab.
- Edge-EZE™Edger mounts on either side of the mowing deck to maintain clean, sharp edges along sidewalks, roadways
anddriveways while reducing trimming and edging time up to 75 percent.
- Shielded Sprayers double or triple spraying efficiency by delivering a fine mist on vegetation even in windy conditions thanks to the spray shield. Available in 132-inch (FrontMount™ only) and 53-inch widths.
- Sunshade Canopy shields the operator from direct sunlight and reduces eye strain. Available in
, water repellent and UV-resistant vinyl or diamond-plated aluminum. Easily mounts on the ROPS. lightweight
- Tine-Rake™Dethatcher mounts on the front of the deck and uses spring steel tines in a unified raking motion to remove large amounts of thatch. Available in 46-inch and 60-inch models. Combine with our PowerVac™ Collection Systems to dethatch and pick up in one pass.
The Grasshopper Company is committed to a cleaner environment and conservation. Our Tier-4 Final-compliant diesel-powered mowers use less fuel and are better for the environment than gasoline- or propane-powered ones. Learn more about diesel with our white paper, The Case for Diesel. Our manufacturing processes are designed to reduce waste and are environmentally responsible using processes such as a powder coat paint line.
- We were one of the first mower manufacturers to implement powder coat paint, we are able to reclaim many of the environmental hazards associated with traditional painting operations.
- Grasshopper continuously invests in advanced technologies for cutting, bending, punching
- Laser-cutting technology is used to achieve the perfect cut while increasing usable yield for every sheet of metal that goes through the plant, obtaining up to 89 percent usable material resulting in a 15 percent decrease in raw material consumption.
- All scrap metal is collected and sent to a recycling facility.
- Wood pallets are used for shipping mowers across the U.S. and offer a reusable and renewable source for crating.
- Automotive style, sealed and maintenance-free batteries can be recycled easily at auto parts stores nationwide.
- Grasshopper introduced the industry’s first liquid-cooled, diesel-powered zero-turn mower in 1983.
- Diesel-powered mowers offer superior power, cost efficiency, convenience and lower operating costs than
gasoline or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) engine. a comparable
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) engines are available that reduce gasoline consumption and emissions.
- In 2012, Grasshopper received the Pollution Prevention (P2) Award from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE).
- The company was selected due to its implementation of high precision laser technology and the nesting software that runs it, and inspection tools that eliminate waste. These new processes have helped to reduce
of raw steel by over 142 tons in 2012 alone compared to the previous year. consumption
- Grasshopper was also recognized for its MaxTorque™ Clean Diesel education campaign which helps landscape professionals and government entities reduce emissions and carbon footprints by promoting sustainable lawn care through the use of clean-operating and long-life equipment
- All gasoline-powered mowers utilize CARB-compliant engines
- All diesel-powered mowers utilize Tier 4 Final-compliant engines
How do I contact Grasshopper to learn more?
To speak with our team, dial 888-239-6384 or email email@example.com
What products are offered through the mower contract?
We offer a lineup of zero-turn mowers and all-season implements and accessories for year-round grounds maintenance and renovation. Visit Products & Solutions to learn more.
Can public agencies lease mowers as well as purchase?
Public agencies may lease mowers. We contract with a third party leasing company and supply options based on the contract price.
How does Grasshopper handle shipping/pickup/setup fees?
Shipping/pickup/setup fees are included in the terms of the contract. Dealers should not charge additional such fees on the OMNIA Partners contract.
What about parts and service?
Your success is our number one priority. A nationwide network of factory-authorized dealers support the sales of Grasshopper products and provide parts and service. A specialized parts order system can be customized for the government entities.
How can I get a demonstration of your products?
Nearly 70 factory representatives and field support staff cover all 50 states plus Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands and are equipped to conduct on-site demonstrations. In addition, our authorized Grasshopper Dealers are also available to demonstrate our products.
What is the warranty on your mowers?
Grasshopper True ZeroTurnTM mowers are warranted as follows:
- 100V Series limited 2 year/500 hours commercial
- 200V Series limited 2 year/800 hours commercial
- 200/300/400 Series limited 3-year commercial
- 600/700/900 Series limited 3-year commercial
Are diesel mowers a good investment?
Grasshopper has led the industry in diesel power having introduced the first diesel-powered lawnmower in 1983. Today’s diesel engines burn cleaner than gasoline or propane and use about a gallon of fuel per hour. Gasoline consumes 1.65 GPH and propane 1.80 GPH. Using diesel power can reduce fuel consumption by 600 or more gallons per year based on 1,000 hours of mowing. Additionally, diesel engines produce more torque than their gasoline or propane counterparts. This additional torque lets you power through heavy or wet grass quicker, allowing you to get jobs done faster, letting you get more done in a day.