BI Incorporated offers government agencies a complete continuum of reliable electronic monitoring technologies and services for low- to high-risk community-based offenders. Electronic monitoring is a safe, cost-effective, and efficient way to monitor offenders as they live and work in the community.
BI offers correctional agencies more than a dozen compliance technologies that can be applied in flexible configurations, including:
- Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) technology to enhance compliance
- Court admissible, transdermal and remote breath alcohol monitoring devices to accurately test and drive sobriety
- Accurate radio frequency solutions, ideal for monitoring compliance to curfews and other defined locations
- Electronic monitoring software solutions that provide agencies with effective tools to enhance supervision
- Equipment-free, automated voice verification system to effectively monitor individuals using biometric voiceprints
- An array of monitoring services, including monitoring operations, administrative support, and data management to meet each agency’s unique needs and budgets
U.S. Communities and National IPA, both wholly-owned subsidiaries of OMNIA Partners, have come together as OMNIA Partners, Public Sector. All public sector participants already registered with National IPA or U.S. Communities continue to have access to all contracts, with certain exceptions, in the portfolio and do not need to re-register to use a legacy National IPA, legacy U.S. Communities, or new OMNIA Partners contract. U.S. Communities and National IPA remain separate legal entities and lead agency contracts completed under each brand are effective and available for use through the contract’s approved term. In the event we believe re-registration is necessary for any reason, OMNIA Partners will let you know.
Offender Monitoring Services
City and County of Denver, CO
Contract Number: 201844994
February 1, 2019 to January 31, 2022
Option to renew for two (2) additional one-year periods through January 31, 2024
- RFP 0790A
- Attachment 2 - Section D - Scope of Work
- Attachment 3 - Proposer Questions
- Attachment 4 - Section F - Sample Contract (Denver)
- Attachment 5 - Section G - U.S. Communities Info
- Cloud Services - Security Requirements
- EA Technology Standards 2018
- RFP 0790A Addendum 1
- RFP 0790A Addendum 2
- RFP 0790A Addendum 3
- RFP 0790A Addendum 4
- RFP 0790A Addendum 5
- RFP 0790A Posting Document
Competitively solicited and publicly awarded by: City and County of Denver, CO
Contract Number: 201844994
Effective September 2020, the contract has been upgraded to include BI LOC8® XT, BI SL3®, and
BI HomeGuard® 20|20.
City and County of Denver has awarded BI Incorporated a competitively solicited Offender Monitoring Services contract #201844994, available through OMNIA Partners, Public Sector. Through this national cooperative contract, BI Incorporated offers participants of OMNIA Partners a broad portfolio of products resulting in cost-effective electronic monitoring solutions.
BENEFITS OF A COOPERATIVE SOLUTION:
- Receive the lowest rate on BI products
- Save time and resources by skipping the RFP process
- BI offers correctional agencies more than a dozen compliance technologies that can be applied in flexible configurations, including:
- Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) technology to enhance compliance.
- Court admissible, transdermal and breath alcohol monitoring devices to accurately test sobriety.
- Accurate radio frequency solutions, ideal for monitoring compliance to curfews and other defined locations.
- Mobile app and web driven software solutions designed to effectively enhance supervision of individuals in the community.
- Equipment-free, automated voice verification system to effectively monitor individuals using biometric voiceprints.
- An array of monitoring services, including monitoring operations, administrative support, and data management to meet each agency's unique needs and budgets.
Experience Counts. Established in 1978, BI’s longevity in the industry stands as a testament to the company’s stability and ability to deliver products and services that meet and exceed agency needs. As an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), BI offers customers single vendor, end-to-end solutions, minimizing agency risks.
Financial Stability. BI is backed by the financial stability of its parent company, The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO). GEO has the solid financial status and resources to provide our customers with unmatched reliable and comprehensive support and industry-leading programs, practices, and products.
Leader in Innovation. In 1985, BI became the world’s first company to provide both electronic monitoring equipment and monitoring services. Since then BI has continued to innovate a full continuum of electronic monitoring products for community corrections agencies.
Made in the USA. BI is the leading full-service electronic monitoring company manufacturing products in the U.S., through our facility in Boulder, Colorado. By manufacturing products in our facility, we can ensure the finest quality, providing our customers with superior products.
BI maintains extensive material supply lines with a variety of local manufacturing companies. All material suppliers are U.S.-based and managed locally, with a focus on small, minority, and disadvantaged enterprises.
Comprehensive 24x7 Support. Our internal call centers located in the Midwest provide 24x7 nationwide coverage and support to meet our customers’ needs. Superior customer service is a top priority. Operating our own call centers gives us the ability to deliver the industry’s highest level of customer service to more than 1,400 federal, state and local agencies. Plus, our call centers employ hundreds of trained staff right here in the U.S.
The BI SmartLINK® mobile monitoring app provides a secure platform for modern day communication anytime, anywhere. Officers and clients can securely conduct mobile-to-mobile video conferences and send messages, making remote case management a reality. Mobile communication is immediate, convenient, and timesaving for both officers and clients.
SmartLINK is a practical and affordable way to securely monitor, collect real-time data, automate administrative work, and enhance compliance and accountability. In today’s society, communication is largely digital, and BI is at the forefront of adjusting the way electronic monitoring services are provided. Managed by officers in BI TotalAccess®, SmartLINK can be used in conjunction with electronic monitoring or as an alternative.
• Versatile functionality
• Mobile monitoring and communication platform
• Video conferencing, in-app messaging, and push notifications
• Device management and security
• Biometric facial and voice recognition technologies
• Interactive calendar and media modules
• Direct access to service providers
• Customized self-report and information updating capabilities
BENEFITS OF MOBILE MONITORING
• Saves time with fewer face-to-face meetings and phone calls
• Records confirmation of client activities and location compliance
• Pushes notifications and track client acknowledgement of supervision tasks
• Confirms client attendance at mandated appointments
• Allows client to submit information and schedules electronically, reducing time spent on administrative work
BI LOC8® XT, the latest GPS tracking system from BI, improves ease of use and provides agencies with detailed information about a client’s movement in the community. This rugged and dependable tracking device is equipped with LTE technology to meet agencies’ future needs.
BI LOC8® is one of the most advanced GPS monitoring systems available today for tracking offenders supervised in the community. The curved ankle-bracelet design is discreet, form-fitting, and contains advanced technology for dependable offender GPS tracking. LOC8’s simple-to-swap battery system ensures continuous monitoring. The revolutionary multiple location technology includes Wi-Fi detection capability, providing agencies with unrivaled offender monitoring reliability.
• Removable battery
• Long-term solution with LTE technology
• Enhanced tamper detection
• Cordless charging in under two hours
• Equipped with Wi-Fi, GPS, and CellLocate
• Power-saving beacon option
BI ExacuTrack® One offers near real-time GPS tracking that informs you when and to where an offender travels. It is easy-to-use and highly configurable to match individual profiles. The beacon, a cordless transmitter, can reduce cost and saves on power consumption. Officers may also send pre-recorded voice messages to offenders through the tracking unit, useful for appointment reminders or offender notifications.
• Up to 80-hours on a single charge
• Multiple location technology
• Tamper-resistant features
• Field-replaceable batter
• Beacon option
The BI SL3® mobile breathalyzer provides accurate and reliable testing through an enhanced tamper-resistant design and LTE technology. With GSM and CDMA network technology becoming obsolete in the next few years, BI developed the SL3 to meet agencies’ future needs. This portable, handheld breathalyzer, ideal for offenders and pretrial defendants, allows individuals to discreetly submit BrAC tests.
• Long-term solution with LTE technology
• Adaptive Facial Recognition®
• Scheduled and random tests
• Durability and reliability for mobile monitoring
• Dependable and convenient charging
• Embedded with cellular and GPS technology
BI SL2® is a handheld device that allows offenders to discreetly submit BrAC tests from any location with cellular service. A high-resolution camera and the professional-grade fuel cell ensures accurate tests each time. Ideal for offenders and pretrial defendants and as a family law solution
• Adaptive Facial Recognition® technology
• Pocket-sized portability helps drive compliance
• Cellular transmission
• Near real-time BrAC results
• Scheduled testing
• Court admissable
Transdermal alcohol monitoring plus Radio Frequency (RF) monitoring makes BI TAD® a powerful multi-purpose solution. Trusted and court-validated, this continuous alcohol monitoring solution senses alcohol through the skin, allowing judges and community corrections officers, to effectively monitor sobriety and curfews of high-risk, DUI, and alcohol offenders.
• Court admissible
• Perspiration tests
• Cost savings
• Radio Frequency
BI HomeGuard® has been the gold standard for radio frequency electronic monitoring for more than 20 years. The latest innovation, BI HomeGuard® 20|20, offers enhanced technology and features to improve both agency and client experience. The enhancements available in HomeGuard 20|20 demonstrate BI has a clear vision of agency and client needs and the experience to innovate future-ready products.
• Compact design
• Advanced tamper detection features include strap, case, and BI-exclusive proximity tamper
• Text communication with client acknowledgement
• GPS technology
• LTE technology
BI HomeGuard® is a radio frequency, house-arrest monitoring system that verifies the presence or absence of a client at a specific location, usually the home. With two models available, HomeGuard 200 for landline and 206 for cellular service, officers can configure the system to match each offender’s situation.
BI TotalAccess® is a secure, web-based software that provides agencies with quality case management tools 24x7. A dynamic mobile app, configurable case management services, and predictive analysis make TotalAccess the premiere electronic monitoring software in the industry. Whether you are on a desktop or mobile device, one login grants you instant visibility and management of all BI products—all to place you in control of client monitoring.
The BI Analytics® Suite is an industry-exclusive analytics software package that revolutionizes the way agencies use electronic monitoring data. Using advanced statistical software, the Suite is the first authentic analysis tool to incorporate client behavior and calculate potential risk.
This BI software solution provides officers and managers with a convenient tool to quickly target and address issues that impact the overall health of an agencies monitoring program. The Suite includes distinct modules, Priority and Proximity, each accessible via BI TotalAccess.
• Aggregates multiple data sources to prioritize risk
• Monitors equipment, behavior and travel
• Details a client’s proximity to areas of interest and supports risk-based zone creation
• Detects risk locations and continues to "learn" over time
When it comes to support, the BI team is respected as the most experienced, skilled, and accurate monitoring services option in electronic monitoring. Our call centers handle millions of alerts, collaborate daily with supervising officers, manage client questions, provide insightful reports and continuous training, and more.
BI Agency Assist® support services and 24x7 support center can increase agency coverage and help reduce and manage the large amount of data officers receive. These administrative, technical, and data management services are configurable based on agency needs and our bilingual support center team can relieve officers of up to 50% of their clerical or data processing workload, allowing them to spend more time with clients.
• Five configurable services
• 24x7 live support specialists
• Real-time updates available in BI TotalAccess®
• Centralized data for seamless case management
• Client management services include profile, fingerprint and name matches, hold and page, supervision level assessments
BI VoiceID® is the equipment-free solution for location monitoring. This voice verification system is an automated, easy-to-use client supervision tool that uses biometric voiceprints to monitor large caseloads with varying risk levels.
Drive-BI® is a portable, handheld receiver that detects the presence of clients wearing BI HomeGuard® or BI TAD® transmitters from several hundred feet away, enabling officers to monitor clients outside home, work, school, or any location. With a backlit display, portable and car-mount antennas, and a seamless data transfer from the device to a PC or laptop, Drive-BI is a simple way to enhance supervision.
BI Incorporated offers a comprehensive client-billing package to assist agencies in collecting fees from clients enrolled in electronic monitoring. The Self-Pay Program includes detailed invoices, online reports, and flexibility in determining rates and payment options.
How do I start working with BI Incorporated (BI)?
Your agency must have an account set up with BI to utilize this contract. Choose one of the following ways to get started:
- Contact our toll-free number at 855-453-6042
- E-mail us at email@example.com and we will have someone call you back within 24 hours to handle your request
- Visit us at www.bi.com/omniapartners
Is pricing competitive through the BI contract?
Working with BI Incorporated through this program ensures agencies are getting the most competitive prices for all offender monitoring products, services and solutions. BI offers a tiered pricing structure providing agencies with flexible options. BI solutions are customizable to support a full range of products and services. An agency can select any or all proposed products and negotiate such options as a self-pay program, installation services, custom monitoring, alert investigation services, etc. BI’s solutions and competitive pricing allow agencies to explore the use of reentry services, or other additional features such as customized reporting and offender treatment services.
BI pricing includes introductory, refresher, weekly or ad hoc online training. BI has extensive experience developing agency-specific training when needed, at no additional charge. In most cases, there are no minimum service requirements or spend limits associated with running a BI program. Please contact us at 855-453-6042 for pricing details.
How does BI help prepare an agency during initial setup and throughout implementation of a program?
BI has extensive experience in implementing successful programs for corrections agencies. We are skilled at estimating expected deliverables and achievable deadlines to meet implementation objectives. The comprehensive involvement from BI’s team helps ensure ongoing customer satisfaction, administrative and fiscal management of the program, the assurance of BI compliance with contract requirements, and the coordination and timely delivery of equipment and services.
Pricing includes initial training, refresher training as needed, and weekly or ad hoc online training for all users. BI can also develop agency-specific training if needed at no additional charge.
What is BI’s investment in technology and service programs, and how might an agency benefit?
BI Incorporated is the world’s leading manufacturer of state-of-the-art electronic monitoring devices. BI employs mechanical, electrical, and computer science engineering personnel who work every day to provide agencies with the latest technologies and advancements in tracking technology, secure data processing, and communications.
Your success is dependent on a company with the financial backing, technical competency, and industry expertise to adapt swiftly to the evolving needs of the community corrections industry. BI remains committed to staying abreast of technology advancements and evolving rehabilitation trends. We actively work with our technology and community partners to ensure that agencies have the latest monitoring technology and services available. Read more about BI Benefits
How is shipping handled?
The BI Customer Business Services (CBS) department provides administrative support for equipment orders, product service, and billing. CBS representatives coordinate timely shipments and returns, resolve customer-billing inquiries, provide cost estimates, and return or repair status reports. Please contact us at 855-453-6042 for shipping details.